Thursday, September 13, 2012

Harnic Gypsies, "Night People"

I am in the process of illustrating the next Harnic Kingdom release- Melderyn. It is all written and edited and just waiting for me to fill in the spaces with art. I hope to have it done by early October.
I also just started a fun fanon article on the Harnic Gypsies- know as the Night People.
I am about half way done with this 12 page article which has a lot of great information. I have had a great time illustrating these characters- borrowing from the gypsy research, but adding Harnic symbols and icons to make them unique.
I thought I would post a few just to wet your appetite. The article was written by Rob Barnes.

"Night People are known by many, understood by few, and widely hated or feared. They are wandering folk, traveling the countryside in family groups of up to several dozen people in black wagons festooned with brightly colored flags and painted images. They camp in fallow fields, trading with the villagers and hosting mad revels to the wild beat of their drums and the insane screeching of their violins until the lord’s men send them away.
The Night People are known for their strange powers. There is almost always a seer among them and they are great gamblers, dancers, and tellers of tales."
Asura, Copyright © 2012, Columbia Games, Inc. and Richard Luschek



Soren and Mircia, Copyright © 2012, Columbia Games, Inc. and Richard Luschek


2 comments:

  1. Looks great, it always find to draw on Gypsy lore to flesh out an aspect of a campaign. In my own Majestic Wilderlands I have the Beggars which originated among dishonored horse clansmen. I used a lot of the lore about the Travellers of the British Isles as well as Gypsies.

    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can download the finished article here: http://www.lythia.com/2012/09/night-people/

    ReplyDelete